Keeping your body hydrated may sound boring, but as everyone knows it’s really important to keep your body healthy—it regulates critical functions, keeps your immune system strong, and improves your sleep.
There are good and bad choices when it comes to hydration, so take a look at the list to see if you are sticking to what nutritionists are recommending.
Best Drinks For Hydration
- Water—No-brainer, calorie-free and readily available
- Sports Drinks—Drinks like Gatorade/Powerade may be helpful after a workout but beware of artificial colors and all of the extra sugar
- Tea or Coffee—Beverages with a caffeine boost that actually might be more beneficial than energy drinks
Worst Drinks for Hydration
- Alcohol—Any alcoholic beverage is dehydrating—The rule is: one water to one drink, if it’s hot outside
- Hot Cocoa—Who wants to drink this when it’s 90ºoutside?? And it’s not a great choice because it’s thick and all of the sugar. You are better off with water than with a ‘fancy dessert’ beverage to stay hydrated
- Energy Drinks—Can be a bad choice because there’s so much sugar and other unwanted ingredients, like caffeine