If the Valentine’s Day aisle is your least favorite at Target and you’re dreading the social media showoffs that the holiday brings out, we get it. If you’re single, February 14th is the one day a year that makes you more aware of it than all the other 364 days, but some couples are over Valentine’s Day, too. If you’d rather just ignore it all, but the world won’t let you, you have to figure out some way to spend the love holiday and these are some ideas for all the singles, cynics, and couples who are over Valentine’s Day.
- Have dinner at a place that gets it – Skip the candlelit tables for two and try to find a restaurant like Hart’s in Brooklyn, where they do an annual “Love Stinks” dinner featuring extremely makeout-unfriendly foods.
- Sign up for a new dance/yoga/workout/pottery class – Choose a time in the evening, when people are typically having dinner, so it’ll be easy to score a spot.
- Make really, really good lasagna from scratch – It’s time consuming, but the payoff is totally worth it.
- Research/book your next trip – It’ll give you something to look forward to and you’ll be excited that you’re spending money on a getaway instead of an overpriced dinner and random gifts.
- Check the expiration dates on everything in your kitchen – We’re talking pantry, fridge, and spice rack. Then go ahead and Marie Kondo your entire home if you’re up for more Friday night fun.
- Make Valentine’s Day all about your pet – You can get gifts, new outfits, do a photoshoot, and get them treats. Mittens will love her new tulle skirt and you won’t need a last-minute dinner reservation.
Source: Refinery 29