Rarely do fitness and drinking go hand-in-hand… and that’s a bummer. Dr. Chris Mohr’s a registered dietician, and he’s got some tips on ways you can at least balance it all out so that a drink or two won’t ruin the reason you’re going to the gym.
- Become a “snob” and choose a nice craft beer or liquor to drink…with no mixers. Savor it and stick to two beers once a week or a single serving of the liquor.
- Be careful with the “spiked” sodas. The seltzers are a better option than the “sweet stuff.”
- With craft beers, the higher the alcohol content, the higher the calories. Since craft beers don’t have to list calories, calculate them by taking the alcohol percentage, multiply it by 2.5, and then multiply that by the ounces in the beer.
- Rum, tequila, and potato vodka are all Paleo-friendly.
- It’s a myth that tequila’s the best liquor when it comes to your blood sugar. However, when it’s 100-percent agave, there’s no caramel coloring and it’s gluten-free…so that’s a plus.
Source: Men’s Health