The Sweets and Snacks Expo recently took place in Chicago, where over 800 candy and snack makers set up booths to show off their newest treats. While we can’t take you trick-or-treating through North America’s biggest candy convention, we can tell you what we can look forward to eating, according to the lucky folks who actually got to sample the sugar.
These are some of the best new treats coming our way soon:
- Ghost Pepper hard candy – These fruity flavors from Flamethrower mix cherry, raspberry, or watermelon with the burn of ghost peppers. They’re sweet and spicy for sure.
- Sour Crunchy Crawlers – Trolli’s popular Sour Brite Crawlers are getting a spinoff and this time, the chewy, neon gummies are coated with a thin, crisp shell to crunch. This candy won the top honor at the expo, Best in Show and they hit stores in December.
- Shrooms Snacks – There are some snacks at the expo that aren’t candy, like these pizza-flavored mushroom chips. They also come in mesquite barbecue and spicy jalapeño flavors, for the shroom lovers out there.
- Face Twisters Sour Candy Dough – Described as the “texture of Laffy Taffy left in the sun,” this brightly colored candy is made to be rolled out into shapes or braided and played with before eating.
- Kit Kat Duos Mint + Dark Chocolate – Say hello to the first new Kit Kat flavor the U.S. has seen in nearly a decade. And the best part? This one’s permanent when it arrives in December.
- Sour Brite Candy Corn – Trolli’s giving candy corn a fruity twist with these neon triangles. The candy corn version of the Sour Brite Crawlers gummy worms actually won the expo’s Most Innovative New Product Award in the seasonal category. Look for them on store shelves a couple weeks before Halloween.